What is Attack Surface Management?
Attack Surface Management (ASM) is the practice of continuously monitoring your attack surface through ongoing discovery, inventory and security analysis of the digital assets that are exposed to external attack.
ASM enables organizations to effectively identify, manage and minimise their ongoing exposure to external attack and is a foundational element of a holistic security program.
How It Works
From a single seed domain the Continuous Security Platform will discover the digital assets that make up your attack surface.
The platform will then continuously analyze these assets and to map out contextual information including technologies, ports and services, SSL certificates, application screenshots and more.
Each asset is monitored in real time for high signal, exploitable vulnerabilities and other security issues.
Findings are accessible via the Continuous Security Platform or via a large suite of integrations or the extensive API.
Automated Asset Discovery
Utilising advanced and unique reconnaissance techniques our platform continuously maps out the assets that make up your evolving external attack surface.
Using our agent-less passive or active discovery engines we discover not just new assets but automatically track existing assets as they evolve so you always have an up-to-date view of what you are working to protect.
Core features of our Discovery Engine include:
- Continuous monitoring and discovery of externally facing assets
- Agent-less passive and active discovery engines
- Cloud asset detection
- Technology detection
- Service detection
- Risky asset detection
- Ephemeral asset detection
- Asset verification
- Cloud integration
- Asset importance categorisation
- Change monitoring
Continuous Security Analysis
The Continuous Security platform provides high signal, real-time, continuous security monitoring of your assets. Every hour, our exposure engine analyses the entire attack surface of the organisation to uncover potential exposures.
The continuous and asset aware nature of the Exposure Engine not only enables organisations to react quickly to new security issues in their attack surface but also provides valuable insight into high impact ephemeral vulnerabilities, process and control issues and systematic vulnerabilities that traditional approaches often fail to uncover.
Our advanced Exposure Engine has been built from the ground up with a focus on tangible security impact and a pragmatic and realistic view to exploitability.
Basic patch level checks and high rated issues with no real exploitability is not helpful in understanding your true exposure and only serves to create more management for little security benefit which ultimately reduces your defensive effectiveness.
Core features of our Exposure Engine include:
- High signal – focus on real issues with security impact. We only highlight vulnerabilities that are exploitable in your attack surface.
- Post modules and advanced false positive detection – reduce false positives, confirms issues and tests exploitability
- Ephemeral vulnerability detection
- Vulnerability and indicator detection
- Third party platform exposure - monitor third party platforms for impactful leakage of security sensitive information
- Custom Signatures - Ability to create and run your own checks across your entire attack surface on a continuous basis